Bank of China-Taobao Credit Card is a co-branded credit card issued by Bank of China Limited in collaboration with Taobao and Alipay (both under the Alibaba Group). By activating Katong payment function on Alipay website, customers can make online payment conveniently and receive Taobao VIP Diamond Cards for free. In addition, Bank of China offers Easy Buy Installment, global preferential merchants' network and such services to customers.
1. Katong payment
Katong payment refers to a payment function that allows customers to link their credit cards with Alipay accounts by signing an agreement. By logging in to Alipay account, customers can make payment directly using the linked credit card and Alipay password without online banking, so as to have a simple, safe and efficient payment.
2. Taobao VIP Diamond Card
Customers can directly upgrade to Taobao Diamond VIP to enjoy superior privileges and special discounts on millions of commodities in Taobao.
3. Reward points program
Customers with Bank of China-Taobao Credit Card can join the "Bank of China reward points 365" program to exchange reward points for various gifts. For details about gifts and redemption rules, please visit Bank of China's official website at www.boc.cn. In addition, customers can choose to exchange the bank's reward points for Alipay points, which could be further redeemed for such gifts like Alipay coupons, digital home appliances, virtual point cards, outdoor sports and so on.
For more details, please refer to "User Guide for Bank of China Taobao Credit Card"
1. Easy Buy Installment
With credit card payment of at least RMB 1,000 at any merchant, customers can apply for installment payment just by dialing 24-hour customer service hotline of Bank of China Credit Card to enjoy installment convenience without limit to places and merchants.
2. Revolving credit
Payment after consumption and grace period of up to 50 days make shopping and wealth management much easier.
3. Security reassured with password plus signature
It is easy and secure for customers to pay by card with confirmation of "signature" or "password plus signature". Note: customers, who choose the option of "password plus signature", should adopt "signature" instead to verify the consumption made by credit card at abroad, since the password verification is usually not available at overseas merchants.
4. SMS prompt
Bank of China provides customers with considerate SMS prompt service, including real-time transaction prompt, direct debit prompt, unusual transaction confirmation as well as information of sales.
5. Convenient repayment methods
Bank of China offers various repayment methods for customers to choose: online banking, outlet counter, ATM and direct debit.
6. Zero risk loss report
In case of the loss of Bank of China-Taobao Credit Card, customers only need to call 24-hour customer service hotline 40066-95566/(010) 66085566 to follow the procedure of loss report. After the report is made, all risks with the card will be borne by the bank.
7. Annual fee
The annual fee for the first year will be exempted immediately upon the successful application of the card. The annual fee for the second year will be exempted as long as customers make purchase (no limit on purchase amount) using the card at any physical stores for five or more times within one year. By using the card to purchase for five or more times each year, customers can enjoy the exemption of annual fee every year. However, online payment is not recorded as the annual fee-free transaction.
8. Discounts at preferential merchants
In cooperation with many well-established merchants at home and abroad, Bank of China has built up a comprehensive network of the selected preferential merchants. Customers can visit www.boc.cn or call 24-hour customer service hotline at 4006695566 to search and get the information about preferential merchants, which widely cover catering, shopping, fitness and so on.
9. Self-set supplementary card limit
Bank of China provides more flexible supplementary card service. Customers can apply for supplementary cards for immediate family members and set the credit limit for them. The supplementary cardholders can receive a separate statement.
Chinese citizens aged between 18 (inclusive)and 65 (inclusive) with full capacity for civil conduct and stable lawful income can apply for Bank of China-Taobao Credit Card and its supplementary card. However, applicants holding military ID cards, passports, home-visiting permits or Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents and other types of identity documents can not apply for the moment.
1. Identity documents:
A copy of valid ID card or interim ID card (both sides);
2. Evidence of permanent residence (Any of the items below):
- Copy of Hukou card (book);
- Water, electricity and gas payment voucher of the latest three periods;
- Fixed-line telephone payment voucher of the latest three periods;
- Dormitory evidence issued by the employer;
- House Lease Contract (Agreement);
- Self-owned property certificate;
- Payment voucher for residential property management fee;
- Residence certificate issued by the community office;
- Credit card statements for the latest two months or the individual income tax payment certificate for the latest three months;
- Other supporting documents which can testify to the permanent residential address.
3. Financial status documents (Any of the items below):
- Regular payroll or income proof of the latest three months issued by governmental institutions or enterprises (company seal or department seal required);
- Copy of passbook/statement for agency salary payment issued by the agent bank (with salary information of the latest three months);
- Copy of individual income tax payment certificate for the latest three months;
- Copy of withholding certificate for social security payment;
- Copy of self-owned property certificate;
- Copy of certificate/passbook of bank time deposit and current deposit;
- Copy of purchase certificate for fund, T-bond and corporate bond (with the buyer's name, account number and account balance);
- Copy of membership cards and the like, including: golf membership card, China Mobile/China Unicom VIP card, Air China platinum, gold and silver membership cards, China Southern Sky Pearl gold and silver membership cards, Eastern Miles Club gold and silver membership cards and so on (with cardholder's name and validity of the card).
Table of Rates
||Bank of China
||1% of transaction amount, not less than RMB 8 at ATMs and RMB 10 at counters|
||Limited to ATMs only, 1% of transaction amount, not less than RMB 12|
||1% of transaction amount, not less than RMB 15|
|Fees for card reissuance/damaged card replacement/card replacement in advance
|Revolving credit interest
||Daily interest rate of 0.5‰ and compound interest is accrued on monthly basis|
||5% of outstanding portion of minimum payment amount, not less than RMB 10|
|Fees for credit balance refund
||5‰ of refund amount, not less than RMB 5 and not more than RMB 200|
|Emergency fee for letters and cards
||5% of the overdraft, not less than RMB 10|
|Handling fees for installments
||Charged based on the transaction amount in a lump sum: 1.95% of the transaction amount for 3 installments, 3.6% for 6 installments, 5.4% for 9 installments, 7.2% for 12 installments, 11.7% for 18 installments, and 15.0% for 24 installments|
|* Bank of China reserves the right of modification and interpretation of the above rates.|
Download the Application Form
Please print both pages after downloading the application form. After filling out the form, sign customer's name on both pages (at the standard signature line of the inside page and in the blank space of the back page). Customers can submit the application form to a Bank of China counter or post it to: P.O. Box 808, Beijing 100037.